Open Channel Sluice Gate
The gates are made as per DURGA design standard. These are generally used in open channel of water or sewage. These gates are fixed / mounted between two parallel walls used to regulate the flow within as well as in and out of an open channel.
Features and benefits
- These are suitable for seating as well as unseating water head but the height of water in both cases should be less than height of shutter.
- These are light weight, economical Gate assemblies for faster erection.
- The important thing to consider during design is that the height of the water in the closed state should be less than the height of the gate.
- These gates can be self content with operating head fixed on the gate frame.
- These gates can be provided with flush bottom wall mounted invert bottom arrangement.
- Depending on the operating pressure and operation frequency rubber seals, metal seals neoprene/ Natural / EPDM Rubber seals with rubber retaining bar are used.
- These gates are provided with Pin and Knuckle type stem connection.
- Suitable coating for corrosion resistance, weather resistance, and salt water resistance will be adopted for long life.